During this time in which we’re all facing unprecedented uncertainty, SoCal Honda will continue to figure out the best and most helpful approach to meet the needs of our community. It’s our job to be helpful, so now more than ever our Helpful Honda people are actively using their resources to help those around Southern California, while taking extra precautions to help in safe ways that comply with the latest recommendations from federal, state and local officials. Here are some changes you may notice:
- We have suspended our upcoming community events to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 amongst large gatherings.
- You won’t find us helping load groceries in parking lots or handing out water in parks for now. We’re instead focusing our efforts where the community needs it most at this time, like assembling food packages at local food banks and distributing food to SoCal residents at a pop-up pantry.
- We’re also looking for ways to help when we can’t be there in person, like providing gift cards to pay for take-out food from local restaurants to help both a family in need and a small struggling business.
- When we are out in the community, we’re wearing gloves and following all proper social distancing protocol, like maintaining six feet of distance away from others.
- Of course, if anyone on our team is feeling under the weather in any way, they are staying home.
- The service departments at our dealerships are still open to provide automotive maintenance and repairs.
We know there is a lot of information out there, so we’ve compiled a list of some helpful national and local resources you can trust:
- Visit Honda.com for Honda’s national approach to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- California Department of Public Health
- LA County Department of Public Health
- Orange County Health Care Agency
- Ventura County Coronavirus Information
- Riverside County Department of Public Health
- San Bernardino County Department of Public Health
- City of Los Angeles Response to Coronavirus
Last but not least, we are still taking submissions and requests for our Random Acts of Helpfulness. If you or someone you know needs help, or if you have suggestions on how we can be helpful in your community during this time, please send us your story at https://www.socalhondadealers.com/help-me-honda. Due to the large amount of people requesting help at this time, we won’t be able to help everyone, but if possible we’ll do what we can to address your request.
Your Helpful Southern California Honda Dealers