The SoCal Honda Dealers honored 5 Southern California teachers, from San Pedro to Simi Valley, during Teacher Appreciation Week, May 6-10th. Based on each teacher’s unique strengths, recipients were gifted $5,000 worth of school supplies by the Helpful Guys during school assemblies and unexpected classroom visits. These deserving teachers received a wealth of helpful items including tablets, books, writing supplies and art materials.
- Ms. Alex Carrerra of Felton Elementary School – dedicating lunch hours and time after school to give struggling students extra attention.
- Ms. Mariana Robles of Hawthorne Elementary – who created a unique curriculum that highlights the arts and sciences.
- Ms. Ryan Rosuck of Sinaloa Middle School – beloved by her students for going above and beyond in teaching photography and yearbook class.
- Mr. Dennis Hagen-Smith of Toluca Lake Elementary – known for his many fieldtrips to museums, science centers and cultural centers all over SoCal.
- Mr. David Crowley of San Pedro High School – offering guidance and a safe refuge to his students in the GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) and also brought singing back to campus by overseeing the school’s Glee Club.
If you’d like to learn more about these amazing teachers and how the Helpful Honda Guys in Blue surprised them, check out YouTube.com/SoCalHondaDealers.
Giving back to those who make an impact on others lives is just one way the SoCal Honda Dealers continue the commitment to being helpful this year. In fact, since January the Guys in Blue have:
- Surprised thousands of residents with complimentary roses on Valentine’s Day
- Helped more than 60 dogs and cats find loving new homes
- Distributed thousands of reusable bags to residents at grocery stores
- Made a donation TreePeople for every “Like” on Facebook received during Earth Month
And the list goes on!
To date, Helpful Honda has visited over 10,000 locations to surprise residents with helpfulness. Why? Because it’s just their job to be helpful.